10 Golden Rules for staying happy
with the One You Love
1. First and foremost, love each other. Realize how lucky you are to be in love with someone who loves you. Say, ďI love youĒ often and in different ways. Surprise each other with gifts of praise to show your love. Remember that love grows in an atmosphere of freedom and trust, not from restraint and obligation. Do things to keep your love and romance new and alive. Donít take love for granted, ever. Itís such a blessing.
2. Listen objectively to each other, as you would to a friend. Acceptance is a key to understanding and a buffer for tension and resentment. Donít take things personally; give each other the right to have different opinions, the right to disagree. You donít want anyone to control your feelings, so donít try to own someone elseís, not even the feelings of the one you love.
3. Never stop treating each other like sweethearts. Talk to each other as sweethearts. Do things that sweethearts do. Work together in achieving your goals. Do things just to make the other one feel loved, especially when he or she might be feeling a little down. Take pride in the way you look and act, for yourself and for your partner, but never let external values have more importance than the internal feelings of your heart.
4. Take care of each other. Go to the doctor with each other. Put the other one first, but donít neglect your own needs either. Do the things that show that youíre interested in your partnerís needs and desires and problems.
5. Look to each other for help. Donít let your problems or concerns get out of hand and make you go in opposite directions. Be joyful that youíve each made a commitment to the otherÖthrough sickness or health, poverty or wealth, or whatever comes along. Youíre in this life together. Be thankful.
6. Talk about things together the way you would talk with a friend. Absolutely refuse to say anything negative about your partner. Share your most important secrets, and never betray the secrets of your partner; treat them as almost sacred. Keep your own identity, but walk together as one. Donít ever give up on your love.
7. Settle the fact that youíve made your choice and youíre no longer looking for anyone else. Donít flirt. Think of the consequences. Donít even consider it.
8. Be in agreement about how your money is spent. Big items should have the approval of both. Talk about how to manage your finances.
9. When in doubt about your actions, ask yourself how you would want to be treated and then act accordingly. If youíve argued, never go to sleep without asking the otherís forgiveness, even when you donít feel like it or want to. Be faithful about this; you wonít be sorry. Do what will make you both the happiest in the long run and be the best for your relationship.
10. Have fun!
Phone - 760-944-4496 (San Diego,